It’s that time of year again, folks! Today is the day we add another year to my age and we celebrate with cheese!
They say with age comes wisdom but I don’t really buy it. Yes, you gain experience and insight with each passing year, but some don’t use it to their benefit.
But without fail, you’re presented with a cake and a candle to mark each successful year on earth and told to make a wish.
Well, I’m making 32 of them. Whether I’m being wise or just a wiseass is for you to decide.
So, I wish….
- that birthday cake was acceptable for breakfast every day of the year.
- that all fanny packs would disappear into a black hole.
- that I never had to worry about calories/POINTS/whatever ever again.
- that I had the enthusiasm and energy of my nieces.
- that velour jumpsuits were outlawed.
- that items wouldn’t go on sale the day after I buy them.
- that illnesses like cancer didn’t exist.
- that I could run forever and not hate it so much.
- that money grew on trees. Well, not every tree. Just a tree that I owned. Yes, I’m greedy like that.
- that some things could be different but so much stay the same.
- that I could just be a lady who lunches.
- that my family would always be healthy and happy.
- that I had a never-ending supply of cheese.
- that I could know what it’s like to never have a headache.
- that ice cream truly saved the day.
- that people loved themselves more.
- that I could be proud of all of my accomplishments.
- that a few people that I truly love and miss were still here today.
- that I could see the good in everyone.
- that I didn’t worry about rejection or failure so much.
- that I could eat pizza every day.
- that people would always say what’s on their mind.
- that we didn’t constantly compare ourselves to others.
- that I didn’t have to prepare for the worst… ever.
- that I could hear my nephew’s giggle more often.
- that hurt, sadness, violence and destruction were foreign words/concepts to us.
- that I didn’t have an addiction to Threadless tshirts.
- that the Montreal Canadiens would win the Stanley Cup.
- that I didn’t get that brutal haircut last month.
- that yoga pants really did make my ass look better.
- that we could all just get along.
- that all of my wishes, and yours too, came true.