And since you can never get enough of my ugly mug…
Can’t see the video above? Check out my YouTube channel.
Other race after thoughts…
- I need to rethink my nutrition strategy for next year. This is possibly why my body becomes tired on the back half. Will have to revisit the dreaded gels, which could be fun.
- Ice baths are your best friend! No ice bath yesterday post-race thanks to my nephew D’s baptism = angry thighs today. LEARN, people! No bitching about pain when you can prevent it!
- I love compression socks. I think I will marry them.
- Chocolate milk, right after a race, I swear to dog is my migraine saviour. It’s the one thing that keeps it to a dull thump. Good on the milk people for being there every year!
- Some of our clinic members improved on their times from only a few weeks ago. How kick ass is that?!
- If you can EVER get out and cheer on someone at a race, DO IT. Even if you don’t know people. Go out and support them. You will do AMAZING things to boost someone’s confidence and performance, more than you will ever know. Look at their bib, see their name, shout their name and encouraging statements (or you suck if you’re jainey and me) but if you ever utter those cliche things like don’t stop, you’re almost there, don’t give up, blah blah (like the biznatch who asked me why I was stopping to take a drink on Yonge St yesterday. Seriously, woman! I just ran up a frackin hill!), I will come to your home and beat you upside the head with my thundersticks. There were really bleak patches on the course that were hard to run through, but others that had AMAZING throngs of people. THOSE were the ones that made the race great. THAT is why I love racing.