is an entry blank."
Had an awesome time running in my skirt with my brother, my roommate and my brother's friends for a great cause. I love this run because people don't take themselves so seriously. There was one team dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (you would have loved them, MoJo) and someone dressed up as the Queen! The sillier you look, the better!
I forgot my puffer and suffered a bit, but made it in 26:21, which i'm happy with.
Happier to spend an awesome morning with good people enjoying the festivities afterward too (until the killer migraine set in.) And the underwear fashion show in the park and dufflet pastries sure were NICE!
And what race wouldn't be complete without a shot of my tongue?
Happy Pride to everyone celebrating in the Tdot!
- my scale is blah - a combination of it being crackers and perhaps not counting well at a bbq on saturday and brunch yesterday morning.
- my skin is blah - including a lovely sunburn on my back from shoddy sunscreen application, (but luckily no rash - my allergy seems to have disappeared)
- my tummy is blah - or maybe it's my appetite. I stood at the fridge this morning (which is FULL of yummy veggies), looking for something to make for lunch and NOTHING appealed to me, but then I ended up going to the grocery store and buying veggies for lunch.
- this heat is blah - it makes it hard to breathe & I'm all sweaty and gross.
- my workouts are blah - oh wait, I'd actually have to GO to the gym for them to be blah. I haven't been in almost a week, but I've still been running about 25-30kms a week.
- my comments are blah - i haven't been reading everyone's blogs as faithfully lately. why must work get in the way every day? hmmph.
- "skinny girls" because someone out there is probably jealous of me (lord knows why)
- the lady I ran with last night who has run two Boston Marathons because another one of my running buddies runs with me to push herself. I should also be thankful that I have my health and the ability to run at all ...plus the encouragement from them to get my ass in gear and try to run a full marathon some day (I think they're crackers)
- the people i see everyday who eat whatever they want. I know that's not necessarily the healthiest way to live life but I miss being able to just go out and order whatever I want at lunch instead of racing around at the last minute in the morning trying to find something in the fridge (like today). Being lazy and going out and getting fast food will probably take just as long as preparing a healthy meal and I'm better off for the latter in the long run.
- the people who won the $40 million last night. But what can you do? I'm the stupid arse who didn't buy a ticket.
- 101 Reasons I Hate Being Fat - things we will identify with in our own way and great for me to go back and read because I forget things with each passing day.
- Angie All the Way - Overcoming a terrible car accident and kicking ass at weight loss - do you need more inspiration than that (and opinionated to boot!!)?!
- Questions for Dessert - song titles on every post - WHEEE!
- Running in Circles - running and emotional insight laid out there as naked as the day you were born (but with lots of anonymity...go fig).
- Weight Watchen - hardcore weight watcher with food porn that puts all y'alls to SHAME!
- Bought me a Garmin 205 (because I know I won't use the HRM on the 305 so spending the extra 100 bucks is pointless). I used it on my 10km run this morning and was utterly confused.
- My chiropractor, who I see every month, has finally noticed I've lost weight (and then asked what I did - was happy I chose Weight Watchers). This confirms what I thought before -he is a tool.
- Busted out the bike yesterday to go watch John play ball and was pleasantly surprised to see my brother Kevin has joined his team too! I love watching my brothers play ball but it makes me wish I could play ball this summer too :(
- ...oh, and the bike ride was awesome. Riding around with Jeepers was mucho fun! I should do that every weekend!
- "Marie! you look fabulous! did you not eat all winter?" - I seriously wanted to cry.
- hmmm....maybe I should take the bike out again today. It's so pretty and it would be a shame to stay inside. But after running 10km and riding around yesterday, my ass hurts...I think I'll live vicariously through the rest of you for today :)
So I went shopping with my old roomie Jammer last night. We were on a mission to find a dress for a wedding she has to go to in a few weeks and I was on a mission to add to my shoe collection (which in no way rivals Jen’s ). After trying to convince her to buy dresses at nicer stores (including this puuuuuuuurdy dress at Marciano which I WISH I had an occasion to wear to because I would SOOOOOOO go and snap it up! – I LURVE Guess!), but no. She must shop at Le Crapeau.
Sadly, I have to admit, two of the dresses I actually liked and might have bought myself if I had somewhere to go but can’t justify spending over $100 in that store on one item.
I can however justify spending $100 in that store on two pairs of shoes (WHEEEEE), which was well timed because a strap on the wedge sandals I was wearing yesterday BROKE while we were walking on Queen West. Sorry, no pics of the shoes available – maybe I’ll snap a pic of them on my feet one day. They’re both wedgy looking, one has a corky looking heel with white straps that goes around the ankle and the other pair is black and are more slip on. I like em :D
After our mission and coming away with shoes, no dresses (UGH), we went off to Swiss Chalet for our “family meal”(it’s our thing – we used to order it all the time when we lived together). Here’s where Jammer tries to get all healthy and proclaims she’s ordering the club wrap because it has veggies in it…but she’s still getting the fries…but then asks me if that’s ok, which makes me laugh. Jammer is about 5’5 and maybe 125lbs. She has always been fit and HOT as long as I’ve known her. Her asking ME for eating advice is LAUGHABLE. I tell her she doesn’t need to be concerned with me and my points, but she should be following
It hit me then.
I never see myself as an equal to Jammer. She has always been thinner, prettier and more fit than I am. I can try on the same dresses as her, and I did. I fit in the same clothes as her (maybe not the same size pants, but the next size up) but she doesn’t have the rolls that hang over on her belly when she sits down, she can wear a bikini and not scare people away. I may fit in the same clothes, but we don’t fit in the same molds, which is a good thing. I have to work hard to stay where I am and she can do it effortlessly. I envy her, but at the same time I don't want to be her. I like who I've become and if I can help her, that's cool.
She can be my skinny friend, and I can be her healthy friend.